Mark S. Knutson
Our Founder and an Attorney for 40 Years
After graduating from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law in 1978, Mark passed the Wisconsin bar exam and started practicing law in Wisconsin in the same year. An attorney for 40 years, he began his general practice firm, The Law Offices of Mark S. Knutson, SC, as a solo practitioner in 1994, with the goal of "helping people at the important times of their lives".
While his practice emphasizes family law and divorce, wills and estate planning, business and civil litigation, Mark has also practiced in other areas during his career including personal injury defense, contracts, criminal and municipal matters.
Mark is a former Dodge County Assistant Family Court Commissioner and former Municipal Attorney who advised elected officials and prosecuted civil forfeiture actions. Mark is also a founding member (former) of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mark is admitted to practice in all courts in the State of Wisconsin as well as United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
Mark enjoys sports and the outdoors, especially hanging out with his buddies at the Waukesha Gun Club.
Attorney Knutson’s Present and Former Affiliations
• State Bar of Wisconsin
• Waukesha County Bar Association
• Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
• The Leander J. Foley Matrimonial American Inn of Court
• Christian Legal Society
• Collaborative Law Council, Director
• Wisconsin State Bar Fee Arbitration Panel
• Elmbrook Church, Member
• Friendship Living Center, Board Chairman
• Creator and host of the radio talk show “The Word on the Law
• Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
• Waukesha Gun Club
• Florentine Opera Club
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
- Christian Legal Society
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Academy Of Trial Lawyers
- The Leander J. Foley Matrimonial American Inns of Court
- Collaborative Law Association